Sunday, February 21, 2010

Superhero

Children can either make you feel like your the best parent in the world or the worst.  Sometimes with very little effort on your part.  My Samantha has within the last few months told me that she doesn't like me, that she doesn't want me to be her mom, and that she would rather live with my best friend Cindy.  Regardless of all the guilt I tried to put on her for saying such mean things to me she stuck to her guns.  She's only four.  These are things I would expect from a teenager not my baby.  Eventually she changed her mind (mostly after a nap) and she loves me again.  Tonight, however, I got the other side of the coin.  When Samantha came to me complaining about the hiccups I was able to relieve her of her malady and become, in her words, a "superhero".  All it took was a couple of sips from a glass of water with a paper towel over it.  That's Samantha for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment